I hope you have heard your children talking about the Senior High Core Values and beliefs. If not, I am sharing them below. They were reviewed with each class at the beginning of the year handbook meetings and are being highlighted each week around one specific core value. We try to infuse them in every situation and opportunity we can.
EWG CORE VALUES
RESPONSIBILITY The opportunity or ability to act independently and make decisions without authorization or an ethical obligation to behave correctly toward or in respect of.
· Be On Time Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.
· Be Prepared Arrive prepared for the task at hand including knowledge skills, and equipment needed to complete the task.
· Follow Instructions When given a task, follow instructions and do what you are supposed to do.
· Complete the Task Successfully complete any task.
· Self-Monitor Track your own progress towards achieving goals, grades, and completing tasks.
· Follow Basic Rules Follow the basic rules and norms of the organization while expressing yourself in your own individual way.
· Return Borrowed Items Always return borrowed items to whom/where they belong.
· Accept Responsibility for Actions Own your own behavior, even when it is embarrassing or regrettable.
RESPECT A feeling of deep regard for someone or something elicited by his or her abilities, qualities, or achievements.
· Communicate Demonstrate respect for others when communicating either by speaking, listening or electronically.
· Practice Good Classroom Behavior Act appropriately in the classroom so as not to disrupt the learning and accomplishments of others.
· Use Equipment Properly Use equipment appropriately, safely, and return it to its appropriate location after use.
· Address Each Other Appropriately Address each other or refer to each other using appropriate names or nicknames.
· Dress appropriately The high school is made up of a community of diverse students, dress appropriately for this learning community
INTEGRITY The quality of being honest and maintaining high ethical standards.
· Be Honest Speak the truth, and whenever possible, do so with kindness.
· Do the Right Thing Before taking action, take a moment to consider if the action is appropriate for the circumstance. When taking action, always try to ‘do the right thing’.
· Submit Your Own Work When submitting work, submit only work that is original, and from your own effort. Do not submit work that is copied from others, including other students, websites, and/or electronic communications (unless properly cited).
· Do Not Share Tests, Quizzes, and/or Graded Work Do not share graded work including copying, photographing, or electronic communications.
· NO Unauthorized Assistance During Tests and Quizzes etc. Tests and quizzes are to be taken without unauthorized assistance such as “peeking”, talking, notes, cell phones, electronic communications, and/or prior unauthorized access to the test.
KINDNESS The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
· Be Helpful Offer to help others in small ways as well as large ways.
· Say Thank You Show appreciation by saying “thank you”, or in some other way.
· Lend or Share Show kindness by lending or sharing your things with others, but beware of lending or sharing in a way that promotes the irresponsibility of others.
· Apologize Apologize when you have hurt someone or act in a way that may have been offensive
PERSEVERANCE Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
· Set Goals Set goals or take on tasks that are outside of your comfort zone.
· Show Effort and Energy When taking on a challenging task, put forth the effort and energy necessary to work towards accomplishing your goals, and/or to become a valued member of your chosen groups, teams, and communities.
· Expect Adversity Expect adversity and difficulty in attaining your goals, and view “failure” as a temporary setback or as a learning experience.
· Take Ownership Find ways to overcome failure, setbacks, or problems rather than make excuses for them.
· Be Independent Do not let others distract you or prevent you from attaining your goals.