Friday, September 4, 2015

I am so excited to start this new school year off with my own Blog. My hope is to publish every couple of weeks on a Friday so you have a feel for what is going on at the High School.
We have just completed our second week and there are already some great things going on. While popping into classrooms, I see a great deal of student engagement and enthusiastic teachers and staff. Mr. Hamlin is piloting the use of Vocabulary.com and our students are already number 1 in the state. What a great way to build academic vocabulary through the use of technology.
Our clubs and athletics are off and running. We have our first Football game on Saturday in Westerly. It is an injury fund game, but we are excited to "kick off" a great football season. Next Monday, 9/7, our Boy's Soccer team will be at home at 3:30. Our Girl's Soccer team will be home Tuesday, 9/8 at 3:30 and the Girl's Volleyball will also be home at 6:30 PM. We will then open the home Football season on Saturday, 9/12 at 2PM. If you are looking for some fun, come out and see the teams.
Word on the street is our Drama students will be performing A Christmas Carol this year!!! If you haven't seen the EWG students perform, you haven't seen anything. I will let you know more about that later on.
I attended a brief meeting of new students being invited to apply for the National Honor Society this morning. It is amazing to see how the National Honor Society is growing. We certainly have an awesome group of students at EWG.
I plan on spending the long weekend just being a Grammie to my grandson and I hope you will all enjoy the time with your friends and families!